Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fancy French Trims


I added this pretty French ribbon to the hood of my in-between coat (not a winter coat/not a summer jacket).


I bought the ribbon in Toulouse, France, 7 or 8 years ago. There's an amazing little shop there where you can buy gorgeous ribbons and buttons--La Droguerie (The Drug Store). It's an odd name considering that's not at all what they sell.

My friend, Francine accompanied me, bless her heart. I still don't speak French (though I am understanding more), so she brokered the transaction for me. All I had to do was point to all the pretty things I was willing to buy that day. Even now when we go back to visit, Francine asks me if I want to go to back to La Droguerie.

It was on this very street in Toulouse, that I swear I saw David Bowie stopped on a bicycle watching pigeons and smoking a cigarette. He's more petite in real life than I had ever imagined. It's too bad Google didn't get a picture of him there! Well, even if it wasn't David Bowie, it's a nice memory in my mind of Toulouse.


I got this ribbon at the same time.


This one is on my winter coat. I got this one done years ago!

No comments: