Thursday, October 10, 2019

Missives from Quilt Camp at Lake Lucerne

 
Folded Amish Star - Samhain ed.

Here are the projects I worked on at Quilt Camp this year.

Amish Quilted Star Hot Pads [See above.]
I worked up about 11 kits out of scraps and leftovers from other projects.  These actually comes together quite fast once all the pieces are in place (fabric cut to size, squares pressed into prairie points, foundation fabric marked etc.)  Several ladies said they'd done them in the distant past.  Some even framed them in embroidery hoops, rather than doing the hot pad thing.


Holly Table Runner made from a kit my mom had.  Another simple and quick project.  Still needs to be finished though with stitching down the applique, quilting and binding.


Blocks for Fuzzy Logic 2 Quilt, made from 2 jelly rolls in fall colors.  I still need to find a coordinating accent fabric that will work with all these colors.  Maybe something in burgundy or purple with a little gold?  It should be dark so that it makes the other colors pop ...

I still have to finish up the Loon Lake quilt.  I knew I'd have to leave on Saturday evening this year, so I didn't want to haul lots of extra stuff for free-motion work -- the table, or the multiple thread boxes.

No comments: