Sunday, February 28, 2021

Quilting Hollyhocks Around the Barn - Step 3 Leaves

 

Quilting the leaves on Hollyhocks Around the Barn Quilt.

All week, I've been thinking about how to quilt the leaves on this quilt.    This morning, I scrolled through Pinterest looking at freemotion quilting patterns for leaves.  Nothing seemed quite right for the hexagon shape representing leaves.  Nothing worked until I got out paper and pencil and started doodling ...

And then it came ...  so I drew it on a scrappy quilt sandwich and stitched it out.
Yes!  This will work, and it's easy to stitch out, too!
 
I know: It's not really anything like actual Hollyhock leaves.  These are more like plantains, but they are leafy!
 
 Here it is on the longer leaves.  Same but different.
 
There are a couple of oddball filler leaves that are a different shape.  I'll have to figure out what to do with them, but not today .... 



Next week, it's the flowers. Who-hooh!

No comments: