Monday, November 15, 2021

Smoky River Quilt Top Finished

Smokey River Quilt Top

[Sorry for the bad lighting on this photo.  The top half is in shadow.]

This is one of my mom's unfinished quilt tops.  All I had to do was put on the borders.  She had that big center star square done, and even the 9-patch borders, though they were as yet unattached.  From the notes, it looks like she planned to enlarge it enough to be a king-size quilt to fit their bed.  I don't have a bed that big, nor can I easily work on a quilt that big.  So it's only a full-size now.

Somewhere I know I saw another set of the 2-1/2 inch strips, but I might have given those away already ... 

I love the Stone Henge textures, but it's strange to see them cut up and broken up into little pieces.  I'd rather look at the larger textures, I guess. 

Meanwhile, I am again amassing quite a pile of quilt tops--mine and my mothers.  It may be time to make some quilt sandwiches over the holidays!

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

These are SO my colors and I too love that line of fabric and tend to use it in big pieces. Goodness lady, you are on a roll! Don't blame you for ditching any ideas of making this king size. :-)