Wednesday, October 02, 2024

Squash Blossom Baskets: 3 Sweet Tiny Tool Baskets

For the new Matchless spinning wheel, I needed a little tool basket for oil, grease, oriface hook, etc.  It was easy enough to make them, so I made 3.  I'd done it before ...  Instructions for how to make it are here from The Crafty House.

This one is made from a 12-inch square of fabric,  cut from a woven-style skirt from the 90s.  I love this fabric so much, I've gotten several projects out of it since it became too worn out to wear anymore.

 

From the top, it looks like a flower! 

The buttons are made by a potter at a craft show a few years ago.  I liked the glaze on them, and thought I could use them for button closures on journals.  But they work here, too! 

 The open view.

 

Here it is open, but empty. 

 

What goes into the Tiny Tool Basket?  

Oil / lube to keep the metal parts in good working order.  

The oriface hook.


In total, I made 3 Tiny Tool Boxes, because I couldn't decide on a particular fabric combination.

The others will probably be gifted.


No comments: