Sunday, September 23, 2018

Mande's Orange and Blue Star Quilt is done!

Mande's Quilt is done!

This is the quilt my mom asked me to make for my sister, Mande.  Ma would have done it, but health problems prevent her from quilting anymore.   She gave me the color requirements, and then I was allowed to do as I chose ...  Ma and I had plenty of blue in our collective stashes, but I had to purchase the variety of oranges.  Then I used the Sonia's Windows pattern for the basic blocks -- a very simple, but satisfying strip piecing technique.  Then I chose a more classic log cabin star layout.

It was supposed to be quilted and finished in August when she was here so she could take it back to Japan with her.    Unfortunately, it was done the day after she left.   [I don't even want to think about what it would have cost to ship it to Japan!]  Mande wound up coming back this month for a funeral, so she was able to take it back with her. So things worked out ...


It seemed a lot bigger when we held up the naked quilt top [See above.]    I was thinking it might even be too big for her bed.  Now it looks like it might be too small.

The long-arm quilter used an all-over swirl pattern.

Ok-- I'm done making quilts for other people for  while.  
Time to work on some of my own projects!  
Quilt camp is coming up in 2 weeks,so I'll have to plan my to-do list!

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Fabulous! You've definitely earned time to get back to your own quilts. What a lovely thought that this one will be in Japan.