Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Tossed Coins on the Design Wall

Tossed Coins blocks on the design wall.

What fun to be able to put a new project up on the design wall!

It's such a treat to sit next to all those colors -- Color Therapy.

Now this will sit for a few weeks, while I decide if I like the block placement.  The design wall makes it very easy to make adjustments in the placement of the blocks.


I worked on these blocks at Quilt Camp back in October. But this is the first time I'm seeing them laid out.  Putting them together was pretty simple -- just match light and dark strips so you have a 2x2 block that is otherwise balanced. 



There's a stained glass window at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris that inspired the colors in this quilt.    Years ago when we visited Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, I fell in love with one of the windows -- No, not the very famous Rose Windows, but a much more abstract and blocky modern window.  As some of the older windows were damaged (possibly blown out in World Wars?), they were replaced by modern artists of the time, not in the traditional style.   

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Color therapy indeed! It's always interesting to work this way, no overall plan, just putting colors/values together in small bits. As you can imagine, that's difficult for me. Even when I've purposely worked on a quilt in this manner, a friend watching me said I was still organizing and planning what pieces to use as I went, not just taking them as they came! Diehard organizer can't break that habit...

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oops, forgot to mention how much I also like that stunning stained glass window. A great color palette to follow. :-)