Sunday, September 20, 2020

Plans for The Snow Berry Quilt or Plum Dumplings over Winter Break


 

Snow Berry Island Batiks Strips / Jelly Roll.

Thinking out loud: My intentions for this lovely jelly roll.
The purples remind me of plum dumplings -- and the grays reminded me of winter after the Christmas lights get put away, but there's still a little sparkle from the sugar plums, tasty treats, and the light on the snow on a clear day.  It made me think of Harry Potter the year he stayed at school over the winter break.  Hence the provisional name: "Sugar Plum Dumplings Over Winter Break."

 

Here are some of the first blocks, with the gray accent strips sewn on.

Still Need to pick out something for the border, but that can wait.

 

Phoebe's Flower Box Quilting Tutorial

by Jenny Doan at Missouri Star Quilting Company.

I think this is the same basic pattern for Fuzzy Logic (from Strip Therapy) or the same pattern I used for the Copper Canyon/Autumn Copper Batik and Stained Glass Quilts. 

No comments: