Sunday, January 12, 2020

Autumn Copper Batik Quilt Top Finished

Autumn Copper Batik Quilt Top
Copper and Vertigree colors.

The center blocks were a 2-1/2 inch strip set (jelly roll) from Keepsake Quilting in the Autumn Copper Batik color way from a year or 2 ago. 

I added the purple framing and the outside border.


Detail shot of some of the batik blocks. 

This is the same pattern as the Stained Glass quilt top from a few months ago.  I liked the pattern so much that I made another one.  It comes together quick and easy with 2 jelly rolls (40 2-1/2 strips), an accent fabric, and the borders.


 The Fuzzy Logic pattern comes from this booklet, Brenda Henning's Strip Therapy.

Of course this means I have a stack of quilt tops awaiting to be sandwiched and quilted.  That was something I always like to do at Quilt Camp where I could spread out and get it done.  But I only get to 1 quilt camp a year now, not 3. Sigh!  I'll have to work out another space to get that done.

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I really like this. For being such a simple pattern, it has a lot of movement. And yes, you've hit the first "DONE! oh yeah, I'm NOT done yet" stage of quilting - lol.