Sunday, August 02, 2026

Arcane Fiber Works - Gorgeous Hand Dyed Yarn

Arcane Fiber Works - Driftwood

 
Have you seen these?  Arcane Fiber Works is a dye shop in Canada that uses photos to inspire the colors of their dye combinations on yarn.   

I ordered 2 skeins of Driftwood for my next pair of socks on the knitting looms.  I used one of my retirement gift certificates to pay for it. Huzzah!

I also wanted to get a closer look, with the intention of dying some of my own in this style.  The owner has a keen eye for color!

Arcane Fiber Works - My Guide to Hand-Dyed Yarn - Pumpkin Spice 

They have a number of videos showing their methods.   The real trick is to figure out what dye colors to mix up and in what proportions.  I think I can use my Periodic Table of Colors to figure out the dye mixes.



This is what it looks like balled up.

 

I already turned the skeins into balls and  loaded them up on my 64-peg oval sock knitting looms from CinDWood.  This will be the handwork project for the next year or so ...  Here I've already worked up the toe box with a kitchener cast for one of the socks. 

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh my goodness, I've been drooling over their ads that frequently pop up on my FB feed and have looked into their website far enough to discover they are in Canada. Yes, I want some of this! Looking forward to how this particular color blend works up.