This quilt top is missing 1 block. Will I make one to fit, or just remove the last row of blocks? I liked it because it reminds me of summer breezes and waves on the lake. Light and airy. It's also similar to our own Lakeside Quilters logo, though not the colors.
Here's a close-up of one of the blocks -- should I choose to make a fill-in for the missing block.
I did not make this quilt top. It came from ...
The person who heads up the Charity Quilts for Lakeside Quilts gets a lot of donations, and some of it isn't really all that usable. So today, she held a FREE rummage sale for anyone in the Guild to come and take away whatever was on display, just to make some room in her garage.
Here's what I got [Bear with me. If I do an inventory like this, it helps me remember what I've got for future use.] :
I was looking for some basic rulers, but apparently they got claimed for the boutique. I could have had my pick from my mom's stash 6 years ago, but I didn't need anything then. I did find these 2 rulers.
This is a heavier canvas-y like fabric. It might be nice to refinish my ironing board when I need to do it again.
There was a box of homespun plaids, too. I like to use these for chenille pot holders -- either for me or for gifts.
There was a box of pretty trims and ribbons, too. I can add this to a jacket or fleece to dress it up a bit.
Some ticking, which is always good for lining or backing.
Some additional fabric that I can add to the stash. Perhaps one of these could be used for the missing block in the quilt top above?
What I left there:
There was also a box of dye supplies (books, measuring cups, blue-red-yellow dye) and a box of silk ties, bags of scraps, stencils for particular patterns, and lots of other fabric, but I left all of them there. Yeah for at least some self control!





No comments:
Post a Comment