Friday, August 20, 2021

Newfie Dog Quiltie

 
Newfie Dog Quiltie for me.  ;-)
 
It's on a snowflake background, because she loves the snow.  This one looks more like a caricature than my real-life sweet girls, but I'll take it!
 
I purchased these Whole Country Caboodle dog kits on sale at Keepsake Quilting.  The fabrics come as a pre-cut fusible applique kit, so all you have to do is pick your own background, and lay out the pieces, fuse and stitch them down.  
 
  
Detail - Newfie Face with blue highlights. 
I used my own fabric for the tongue, since I've only ever seen pink Newfie tongues, not red.
 
Thread Choices - Newfie
 

 Thread painting / applique stitching from the back.
 
 

The lights in her eyes are done with a Bic Wite-Out pen.  It makes it easy to target one little point, without getting out paint brushes and paint.  Easier clean-up, too!

Background quilting for this one is just a simple loop-de-loop pattern.  I might have included snowflakes, but those were already present on the fabric.  ;-)
 


Here are all three dog quilties together.  

 

Here's a real live Newfie: Sweet Sophie.

 

See separate posts about all 3 Dog Quilties:          

Golden           

French Bull Dog        

Newfie

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oh, this one definitely my favorite! It may be a caricature to you but I love that expression.