Sunday, November 22, 2020

Farmer's Wife - Blocks 58 Mother's Dream - 75 Rosebud - 94 Tall Pine Tree

 
Block 58, Mother's Dream  
Paper pieced. 
 

 


Block 75, Rosebud

Paper pieced.  This is one I was looking forward to working on.  Rosebud is one of those classic old blocks, and one that is featured in The Quiltmaker's Gift.

The frosty gray background is one of my favorite fabrics.  This is just about the last of it from my stash.  I am also fond of the pink buds.  Not so much of the green, though ... 

 

Block 94 Tall Pine Tree 

Paper pieced.  You can see I had a little trouble with some bits of sky, where it needed some extra patching.  And I inadvertently revered the fabric in the lower right side where you can barely see the branches.  I was not motivated to re-do the block.    

I wanted to like this block if only because my dad has a Christmas tree farm, but I think it's this week's dud block. 

Tutorials from Handmade Karma for Week 10.

See Handmade Karma's full set of Farmer's Wife blocks and tutorials.

No comments: