Sunday, November 01, 2020

Farmer's Wife Blocks 83 Spider Web - 5 Bat Wing - 49 Honeycomb

Farmer's Wife - Block 83 - Spider Web
 
Looking at it now, I wish I would kept those dark blue wedges in the middle light blue, and left the dark blues to pin down the corners.   But not enough to do over.  There were paper piecing templates provided, but I did some of it strip piecing, then lined up the templates to match.  There's still a fair amount of wasted fabric with paper piecing -- thrown on the scrap pile, destined for crazy quilt blocks some day.  
 
2 blocks suitable for Halloween.
 

Farmer's Wife - Block 5 - Bat Wing
 
I'm thinking I probably should have made the white parts dark.  
If  you turn it 90 degrees, it looks more like a butterfly.
 

Farmer's Wife - Block 49, Honeycomb
 
Made from the scrap pile.  Paper-pieced.
Not my favorite week for blocks.  I thought about skipping Honeycomb and Bat Wing, but I'm looking at it from a discipline standpoint.  More practice paper piecing will help me later on with something I really DO want to make. 

Tutorials from Handmade Karma for Week 7.

See Handmade Karma's full set of Farmer's Wife blocks and tutorials.

 

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Wow - that second one. Talk about perfect points!