Monday, October 27, 2008

Bagettes



I recently entered the new age by purchasing an Mp3 player--I realized it needed it's own little carrying case (No, I still don't have a cell phone ...) to keep all the parts together.

The blue and white one in front is made from white cotton fabric that I dyed with Indigo a few summers ago. (Yes, I actually did start up an Indigo dye pot that summer!) The pattern is a Shibori pole-wrapping method that comes out looking like rain, or water. Very pleasing! The cord is machine-stitched yarns wrapped together until I was happy with it.

The two baggettes in back are made from recycled ties purchased at the local thrift store. The basic pattern instructions from Sulky are here--but I modified it to add a second pocket. The cord that connects to the computer kept falling out at inopportune times. So now, it has it's own little compartment and tends to stay put. A smart adaptation!

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

ooooooh, great bags!

Sue H said...

These are darling -- and what a great use of old ties!

Anonymous said...

First time visiting your site, thanks to Vicki W. Love the bags, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to give it a try.