Monday, April 23, 2018

Highlands ... In the Distance - Let's Do 52 - Week 17

In the Distance - View from The Old Man of Storr - Isle of Skye, Scotland


Same image as above but made black and white
with Silver Effects Pro - "Wet Rocks" Filter.

Which do you prefer?

I think the reason I love this landscape is because it reminds me of a whale coming up for air, and the hump in the middle in it's dorsal fin breaking the water. 

Once again, I am participating in Denise Love's 2018 "Let's Do 52 : 52 Weeks of Photo Prompts" to kick start the lull in my photography.   If you'd like to join us, find out more at the link above.  The more the merrier!

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

That's a tough one. But I have to say the b & w one reminded me of Ansel Adams, who had a knack for making scenes like this compelling when one might think they could only be truly compelling in color.

Mellowood Gallery said...

Great atmosphere effect! I think I link the B&W one best but the water sure looks strange in both photos - very cool!