Saturday, July 14, 2018

Looking at the Details - Labradorite Macros

 Labradorite Macro

Recently, I had a wonderful conversation with a woman who is an artist, and who'd been an Art Professor for 23 years.  She's in her 90s now, and I hope we can continue with regular chats.  She mentioned she'd seen a beautiful photograph of an extreme close-up (macro) of an opal.  This got me thinking, and wanting to try it with some of my own favorite gemstones--such as Labradorite.


  
 


When I travel, I don't really buy the usual touristy souvenirs.  Instead, I bring back rocks -- or I buy rocks.  That may sound really silly to some people, but it keeps me grounded to a placed in a way that a commemorative t-shirt just can't.   This Labradorite came from Banff in Alberta, Canada -- At least that's where I purchased it.  It is one of Canada's exports.

The beautiful colors and the way it catches the light reminds me of the Northern Lights.



 

No comments: