Thursday, November 22, 2018

Weaving Again ... 2 Blue & Green Scarves

Blue and Green Scarves in Rayon

One weekend to warp the loom, and by the next, I can be weaving again.  I'm so happy with the Tom Kniesley videos that have moved me to independence at the loom--especially at the warping stage!  

This is a kit from The Yarn Barn of Kansas. 2 blue and green scarves each 72 inches long in a rayon slub yarn.  It goes pretty fast, even at 16 picks per inch.  This is a shot of the cloth as it's winding onto the cloth beam in front, under the weaving surface. 


I discovered a simple little hack to manage the measuring tape ribbon that keeps track of how long a cloth I've woven.  A simple safety pin keeps the ribbon contained and tamed, yet easily allows for rolling out the next needed bit.

No Hassle Rayon Slub Scarves 
(Photo from Yarn Barn of Kansas--That's where I bought the kit last year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This scarf is beautiful!
--Deb Knippel