Friday, August 20, 2021

Planning for The Winter Star Quilt


 Winter Star Quilt - Demo by Jenny Doan from Missouri Quilt Company.  Supplies List.

 A new project.  More Blue. ;-)  Winter again! More Stars.   Ahhhhh!

I need something to work on at Quilt Camp in October.  ;-)

Looks like this video and pattern came out in December 2020, and the layer cake she used in the video is no longer available.  Not to worry!  I found a couple of options that should do nicely:

Glacier Bay Layer Cake from Island Batiks

I know: It's kind of pricey for the amount of fabric you get (42 10-inch squares), but I'm paying for the nice variety of fabrics that work well together, because they usually come from the same fabric line.  
 
 
For added variety, I also bought a second set of blue batiks as a shorter (30 10-inc squares) Layer Cake on ebay.  There is more variety in the set than you see here.  Gorgeous, isn't it?  Most of these are darker, than medium or lights.  That's ok.  Between the 2 layer cakes, I should have more than enough!

I'll buy a couple yards of a white-on-white for the background.  I may even find that in my mom's stash!  Along with the borders ...

No comments: