Sunday, March 17, 2024

Octopus (So Far): Embrace Your Curves - EAA Quilt Challenge 2024

I was trying hard to make this idea fit the March Madness Quilt Challenge with the Roman Glass fabric, but it just wasn't quite working ...  Since this challenge only required the curves (as a motif or technique), and no particular fabric, I had a few more options to make this one come to life.

My husband wanted it -- otherwise, I don't think I'd want to spend so much time with "all those suckers." 

Don't you think that button fabric looks like Octopus suckers? 

I thought the hand-dyed green background looks like seaweed, or deep ocean.

This is just the fused stage.  There will be a border, thread-painting, and quilting ...

More to come ...  


2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I thought they were real buttons and would agree that to sew each on would be a lot of time to spend with suckers - lol. Great beginning.

Leigh said...

Oh gosh, the button fabric is fantastic. Good choice for the octopus!