Monday, January 01, 2007

Viking-Husqvarna Rose

Someone asked me what kind of sewing machine I have : Viking Husqvarna Rose.

This is a very nice machine that has served me well. But let me say that what I do does NOT require any special or expensive sewing machine. Most machines can be set up to do free-motion quilting and embroidery. Figure out how to drop your feed-dogs and get a spring-loaded foot, and you can do what I do!

All the projects below were done on my Viking Rose. The one exception is the bear at the very bottom, who was done on a Rikar (very sturdy, solid work-horse of a sewing machine).

I have recently acquired a few new gadgets :
Fabric Mover with Stitch Regulator
Viking Husqvarna Designer 1 (a hand-me-down from my Mom, who upgraded to a newer machine). I haven't taken it out of the box yet ...

No comments: