Thursday, July 03, 2008

Fibre & Stitch



I finally bought a subscription to this online magazine devoted to mixed media techniques.

What a surprise to discover that many of the authors are people whose blogs I read regularly. Just reading the first issue felt like hearing from old friends! People like :

Lynda Monk at Purple Missus
Carol McAfee at Textile Tales
Sue Bleiweiss
Vicki Welsh at Field Trips in Fiber
Terri Stegmiller at StegArt
Lois Jarvis at RustTex

Now I know how they created some of the wonderful things on their blogs! :-)

Reading Fibre & Stitch is giving me many more ideas and techniques I want to try. I think I'm going to have to set up a schedule. Summer is 1/3 over, and the wet studio is closed in the heart of winter ...

I should have no problem finding techniques to try and topics to post on!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are enjoying the first issue Michele, great to have you on board.

Purple Missus said...

Thanks for the mention Michele. Pleased you enjoyed what I did back then - hard to think that its well over a year ago now :)