Monday, January 12, 2009

Fireside Project : Crocheted Rag Rug



Continuing with the theme of recycling, I decided to use up a large piece of this rayon fabric (left-over from my dress-making days) on a crocheted rag rug. For some reason, I always thought these were woven, or knotted, or something other than crocheted. When I realized it was just crocheted, I thought, "I can do that!"

It's a very heavy project. I'm using a Size-N crochet needle. I can make about 2 passes before I have to give my hands a break.

1 strip of the torn fabric goes about the length of the rug.


Here are the 1-1/2-inch strips ready to be strung together into the ball of rag "yarn."

I have a few yards of blue flowery rayon, too. I think I'll have to add that as bands on wither side of the green ...

No comments: