With all the snow this year, I just had to take the opportunity to do some snow dyeing.
I was once again inspired by Bunk's Blog. Take a look at some of her snow dyes.
Here is the soda-ash soaked muslin rumpled lumpy pancake style in the bin.
Here, the snow has been piled on top of the prepared fabric. The dye has been poured on top of the snow in swirls. We'll see what I get!
After 90 minutes, the dye is already starting to soak through the snow ...
24 hours later, I still have snow. My basement is only 40 degrees this time of year. At this point, I removed the remaining snow and rinsed out the fabric.
Here's what I ended up with :
Mulberry and Ice Blue.
I should have taken better notes on the colors I mixed up that day, and what got poured where, but I wasn't that organized that day ...