Saturday, August 07, 2010

Creative Cue : Book


Front - Flash and no flash


Back - Flash and no flash



Here's a new journal recently completed. The cover is made from a sop cloth in my dye studio. It's a Viva paper towel, if you can believe that! I loved the feel of it, but was concerned about it wearing away with friction and use, so I experimented with finishes as a top coat. I finally decided on PVA glue and ModgePodge Matte. It definitely gives it a durable finish; unfortunaely, it's so far from the soft fabric-like texture I started with that I have my regrets ... The search continues for the perfect finish!

Test Fabric for Finishes
1 - Modge Podge Matte
2 - Modge Podge Gloss
3 - Norbond PVA Glue
4 - Self-Leveling Gel GLoss
5 - Liquitex Clear Gesso
6 - Crystal Clear GLaze
7 - Aleen's Instant Decoupage
8 - Control - no finish

See other Creative Cues for Book.

2 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

The finish looks very nice in the photo, but I can understand that it wouldn't feel the same anymore. Lovely book.

Vicki W said...

I think it looks really cool!