Sunday, September 19, 2010

Creative Cue : Treasure



It's all in the eye of the beholder. ;-) Wanna see what I did with it?

Last weekend, I took my husband on a "cheap date" to the junkyard. I was in search of an old brake rotor to use for rust dyeing. I found one. ;-) I needed DH to come along to make sure I didn't come home with a car full of old rusty stuff that I didn't really need.

There was so much there at the junkyard to choose from! When I told them what I was looking for and what I planned to do with it, they guys who worked there seemed amused, and told me where I'd find the pile of old brake rotors. Their advice, "Pick one that's not too greasy." Yeah--I didn't even think of that, but it was good advice!

I wish I would have brought my camera ... Maybe I'll go back someday just to take pictures of the mountains of junk and rust.

See other Creative Cues for Treasure.

2 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Looks like great treasures can be found at the junk yard! Thanks for sharing Michele!

Karen S said...

"Cheap date" LOL! As long it was with your husband...