Sunday, November 07, 2010

Another Day on the Tin Lizzie : Blue Picnic Quilt


Last Saturday, I rented time on the Tin Lizzie at It's Sew Rite. I was able to quilt up the Blue Picnic Quilt in about 2-1/2 hours. It's a full-size quilt as for a double bed. I had a panto in mind, but decided that my good ol' Bubbles pattern would work just as well. It went surprisingly fast -- this pattern just flows over the quilt top, without all those starts and stops.



My husband even stopped in to see the operation, so now he knows what I'm talking about when I say long-arm. He also has a better idea of how much space it takes up, and that it's better NOT in our house.


Here's the back side where the bubbles are more evident. I used Hobbs 80/20 cotton/poly batting.

I'll put up a full photo when I get the binding on, which could be several months from now. The batting will crinkle up and look nice and antiqued after I wash it, too. Stay tuned!

No comments: