Sunday, November 07, 2010

Threadpainting on the Horses


I finished thread-painting the horses today. I want to finish this wall-hanging for my dad in time for Christmas. For about 15 years, now he's had 2 retired horses to take care of. He had to put down the 36-year old horse, as she developed some health problems that would make living through the coming winter outside very difficult. The other retired horse went to a farm to live with some other horses. She seems to have settled in already. Since he won't have any horses at Christmas, I'll give him these horses that he doesn't have to feed or water. Don't worry--It will still be a surprise. My Dad hardly ever turns the computer on these days. He doesn't read my blogs.

Here are some detail shots :

The rail fence is completely covered with thread.






Here are some (not all) of the threads I used in this piece.


Here's the backside which shows better the outlines of the thread-painting.

On to adding the borders and quilting it all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!! Such talent
Joann D.

lee said...

wow!! I stopped by to thank you for your kind comment, and here were these two horses staring at me - they are quite wonderful!

and thank you for your kind comments too...

Dreams can come true! said...

Love the horses and so will your Dad.