Wednesday, November 09, 2011

November Dyeing Day


Inspired by the moody gray November skies (which I love!), I dyed a set of gradations with black as the base. This is the darkest one. Yeah, I know--It's hard to get a true black, but then gray is what I was actually after! I was after a more watercolor-snow dye look. On Sunday when I dyed these, we didn't have snow. We do now! Hurray!


Here's the whole set of gray gradations. That black on the bottom is the black flannel on my design board. I didn't dye it that dark. Some of these were thrown into a parfait dye, but at this point, I can't really tell which ones were the gradations, and which were the parfait sets. They were all variants of black and gray. Melissa's Recipe for Gray Gradations. These will make some wonderful backgrounds ...



This set of browns were made entirely from mixing concentrates of Scarlet - Yellow - Cerulean Blue from Melissa's color recipes for Browns and Neutrals. The ones she shows are much deeper in saturation. I'm perfectly happy with how mine came out, and I might do some more experimenting ... My dyes are a few years old now, so they may have lost some of their umph in the meantime.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I think those are some really beautiful colors and textures!