Sunday, February 05, 2012

Polymer Clay Buttons



Not long ago, Robin at Insights and Belly Laughs posted a tutorial on how to make your own buttons.  I was determined to try it.  Here are my happy results.  ;-)

 
Here they are before adding color.     Black polymer clay run through the pasta maker with a texture mat.  There was a little bit of Pearlex powder on the mat from a previous project.  The metallic sheen transferred to the clay.  If I knew where that little jar of bling was now, I would have added more.  The others were just rolled into a ball and pressed onto a texture.  The naturally come out round. 


For these, I cut a long triangle, and rolled it up.  Simple as that!

Some of them were painted with Golden Fluid Acrylics, the 2-tone variety. 

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

They are fabulous!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Happy indeed! These are beautiful.

Robin said...

OMG..your buttons are so gorgeous...they look awesome..I think I want to go make some now...Hey how was your trip..?