Sunday, March 16, 2014

2BD39 Logo Challenge


This week, Kim challenged us to create a logo inspired by one she had seen in real life at a local cafe.  I spent an embarrassing amount of time on this, not because I had problems with PSE, but because I've been thinking about my logo since 1994 when I started my little production company.  I knew I wanted a simple green leaf and the words -- that's what it's been all this time.  I took so long because I was making it more complicated than the lesson needed to be.  Once I settled into design and Kim's given recipe with circles (not leaf shapes), it all went well.  I followed her recipe pretty faithfully. 

My tweaks were the chosen fonts :
Pea Miss Mariss for my name
Pea Aimee for Sweet Leaf Productions

Textures :
Green Leaf Texture from Stockvault
Kim Klassen's 1402 texture for the background


A few tweaks (for another day?)
I might make that outer ring not so dark, or change the color a bit.  It's kind of heavy next to everything else.   Maybe a blend mode will take care of that?

I'm going to let this settle a while ...  Someday, maybe I'll add it to the header of my blog. ;-)

Beyond Layers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very neat. You are so talented.
Jo Anne

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Michele ~ Your logo looks great and I know what you mean about spending more time in Photoshop that you originally plan. I get sucked down that rabbit hole time and time again. Have a happy Friday!