Sunday, September 13, 2015

Blood and Gold : New Sweet Leaf Journal

Journal #139




I've been exploring some new surface design techniques for journal covers.  Occasionally at the craft sale, people ask for a journal with lined pages.  So far, my hand-made journals come with blank (unlined) pages--that's the linen stationary I use for signatures.  So in the interest of giving people what they want, I thought it was time to offer lined pages ...  I purchased 3 ready-made journals (with lined pages) and altered the covers to make them my own.  This is one of them.

This one uses a torn tissue paper technique by Laura at Artfully Musing.   The tissue paper is torn and glued on in layers with Modge Podge, then painted, and the high spots rubbed with Inca Gold paste wax.  I am quite pleased with the results.  :-)

And just because I like the texture so much, here are some detail shots of the cover :




More journals to come ...

No comments: