I made progress on several projects :
Threadpainting the background landscapes from Loon Lake
Threadpainting the Jumping Fish from Loon Lake
Wild Quilting a Pillow Top (This post)
10-Minute Table Runner (It actually took more like an hour)
Borders on the Disappearing 9-Patch (almost)
The Wild Quilting Pillow Cover. A little difficult to photograph as the thread matched the fabric so well--I was going for under-stated here. The fabric come from a rayon skirt and top that had been nicely dyed by someone. The waistband of the skirt was toast, though, and not wearable. But -- oh, what a dye job!
Here's the back-side after the quilting was done, but not yet turned into a pillow cover.
I used an old mattress pad for the batting.
It gives a nice "puff," and it's been well-washed over the years.
This is a project I've been wanting to do ever since I saw The Quilt Rat's pillow ... and more recently took the online Wild Quilting Class at Craftsy with Christina Camelli.
Here I was auditioning patterns and designs on a whiteboard BEFORE I tried to stitch them out.
Here are some scrappy stars for the quilts she was working on this weekend :