Monday, November 13, 2017

2 Iron Caddies


At Quilt Camp in October, I decided I needed a decent iron caddy with pressing mat.  Until now,  I've been swaddling my iron in an old scrap of batting.  It looked so forlorn and ragged with that humble wrapping.  Laura had a nice iron caddy tote that opened into a decent and portable pressing mat.   It looked simple to make, so I searched the Internet and found a pattern from TriCounty Quilters.

I had just about everything needed.  All I needed to purchase was Insulbrite and the silver iron fabric.  I had fabric, and warm-n-natural in my stash already.


 Top view with an iron inside it.

This is how it opens up.
You can also see the stitching lines, which also serve as the folding lines.


Then I showed my mom, and of course she wanted one, so I made one for her, too.  Holly fabrics.  [Shhh! don't tell her -- It's one of her Christmas presents.]   If my Auntie Rosita were still around and quilting, I'd have made one for her, too. 

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

This is a particularly nice pattern for a caddy for your iron. You had me going there with the title, a problem with our English language. Why would Michele be making a caddy out of iron, was my first thought. What you were truly making your caddy out of makes much more sense. ;-)