Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Quilter's Challenge: 10 Quilts in 10 Days

I love being a Quilter Challenge on FaceBook.
Everyday for 10 days I will post a picture of a quilt I made and I’ll challenge one of you to do the same, no description necessary, just a quilt photo.  10 days 10 quilts.      I accepted the challenge from Marla Arndt. 


based on a photo of my son blowing bubbles.
Completed in 2006.


from the Stolen Moments : A Series of Art Quilts inspired by the songs of John Hiatt.

Sebastian Bear - One of my earliest quilts back in 2004.
Bindings have gotten much better since then!

another photo quilt.

Tea Leaves or Pumpkin Seed scrap quilt.



Annie's Wicked Easy Quilt pattern


Made with leftovers from Unca Ray's "Red Barn Quilt."

Oliver's String Quilt in Red-White-and Black


4-Patch Posey Quilt


from the Stolen Moments : A Series of Art Quilts inspired by the songs of John Hiatt.


Detail of Fire Quilt.
So many Quilts to choose from!  I am so glad I started this blog so many years ago, because it serves as a wonderful record - documentation of my journey as a quilter. 

Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam: Tattooed Everything

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele! These are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your work!
Deb K.

Michele Matucheski said...

Thanks, Deb. I could only pick 10 for the challenge.
It made me realize that I have a pile more NOT done yet. Perhaps that will be my goal for the remainder of the year -- finish more of the WIPs!
Thanks for reading my blog.

Anonymous said...

your quilting absolutely is amazing. I had no idea you were so talented or quilting could be so expressive. This certainly isn’t my grandma’s quilting. Fabric art is mesmerizing to me. Do you ever sell any of your pieces? If you do message me so we can ‘talk’ off line.

Thank you for sharing these on Facebook; keep them coming.
--Nicole S.

Anonymous said...

Nicole took the words out of my mouth. Your work is not just quilts. It is art. They are vivid and beautiful images and every piece is stunning and unique. You are leaving a legacy for Oliver.
--Ling Wu

Anonymous said...

You have your moms talent,so beautiful, miss you.
Mary DBX

Anonymous said...

You are so talented!
--Jean K.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I cannot believe [that poatrait in blue] is a quilt. Simply stunning.
--Ling Wu

Anonymous said...

All have been 10s you should be on display somewhere!
--Andy M.

Anonymous said...

About Portrait in Blue:
What an incredible likeness. C’est tres belle!
--Margie LB

Anonymous said...

About Portrait in Blue:
Whoa, whoa. Whoa! Simply Amazing! It is so real in life like!
--Lori J.

Anonymous said...

Your art quilts are beyond words beautiful! Keep on creating.
--Carrie Z.

Anonymous said...

It blows my mind how creative you are with quilting. Every piece is a treasure.
--Ling Wu

Anonymous said...

About Tattooed Everything Portrait:
Absolutely beautiful!!! I’m blown away. I knew you were talented, I didn’t know your talents included quilting. Well done!
--Margie LB

Anonymous said...

Wow! These quilts are astounding!!!!
--Kafryn L.

Anonymous said...

Your quilts are AWESOME!!!
--Trish K.

Anonymous said...

Such talent! All of your quilts are amazing!
--Sherry McN

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Work!
--Connie C.