Wednesday, December 09, 2020

In the Dye Pot - In Search of Evergreen

 

Remember that apple green from the other day?  It was beautiful, but not quite what I was going for.  My heart wanted evergreen.  So I gave it another go in the dye pot-- this time over-dyed with Procion Teal. 

On the left: Teal Blue over-dyed leaf green on alpaca and highland wool yarn.  This one has a nice glow and depth to it -- as I often see with over-dyed items.  The teal blue did a nice job of taming that apple green.  This is a definite contender!

On the right: As an insurance policy, I also dyed another batch of alpaca + highland wool yarn with Procion Evergreen, since I found a jar of it in my stash.  It's a little bit bluer, but still green.

Still trying to decide which one I'll use in the next circle scarf.  I still need to fix the heddle threading.

 

Just as a reminder, here's that leaf green I started with.  Just a little too bright!

 

No comments: