Saturday, March 25, 2023

DIY Bum Bag


 I made this hands-free bum bag (aka fanny pack, for anyone who remembers the 1980s).

The woven fabric is scavenged from a skirt circa 1990s.  I love this fabric!  

The "leather" is a very soft and pliable upholstery fabric left over from a previous bag project.

 

 The lining fabric is also left over from previous projects.  There are 2 pockets inside.

 

I followed the instructions on KhAL's video for making this DIY fanny pack, aka bum bag.   She provides the pattern pieces here.  No spoken words, just an easy to follow demonstration.  Even the zippers were easy!  Very well done demo.

Why in the world would I want to make one if I can buy one ultra cheap at Walmart?  Aside from the fact that the Walmart version looks and is ultra cheap,  I want to use particular fabrics, and I like the challenge!  

KhAL has another video and pattern for a slightly different bum bag here.

 

 

 

Top view.

  

Back view.

  

Inside view. 

There's a front pocket for a separate compartment.

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I LOVE it - that main fabric from the skirt is right up my alley.