Sunday, January 07, 2024

Holly's Midnight Garden Samplar


Holly's Midnight Garden

At Quilt Camp in October, I spent some time sewing these blocks into a quilt top.  My mom worked them up a while ago ...  It appears to have been for a class, probably to get to know one of her new machines, or her sewing machine feet.  She finished the blocks, but never put them together or finished it.  That happens -- You don't have to finish every project.  Esp. for a class like this.  

Since I like purple, this UFO called out to me to be finished. ;-) 

Each block had a layer of batting as stabilizer on the back already, so I added the green sashing and borders, but needed an extra layer of batting to even everything out.

I stitched around all the blocks just to hold them in place.  And then a simple free-motion leaf design along the green sashing.

Here are some detail shots of individual blocks:


 

 

   


 

 

 And here are some close-ups of individual flowers:

 



Another finish for 2023!

 

1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

It's lovely and the colors are so vibrant. A cherished memory of your mom completed!