Sunday, February 11, 2024

Crumb Cake Quilt as You Go: Planning a New Project for Quilt Camp in October

 I saw the Sewing Channel's Crumb Cake Quilt as You Go Quilt recently.  She did that great tutorial on Cathedral Windows a while back, so I trust her tutorials and judgement.

She found a color pallet on Pinterest and matched the basic colors with 30 fat quarters from her stash.  I have a lot of stash, but I don't want to spend that much time choosing colors and textures.

Please bear with me: If I don't make some notes for plans, I forget what I had in mind!

I am planning to use the following fat quarter bundle:

Laundry Basket Quilts Fat Quarter Fabric Bundle Edyta Sitar Fabric Reds Teals Neutrals Collection Andover Fabric Set of 29 Fabrics LBQ from Fabric Sweets on Etsy.

I think this collection will make a nice patchwork-y looking quilt.  And I only need to choose 1 more coordinating fat quarter to complete the set.

I have done some quilt-as-you-go projects in the past, and they've been a bit unwieldy as far as cutting the batting and backing the required sizes, so we'll see how this one goes.

 I hope to have everything cut and ready for assembly BEFORE quilt camp next fall.  ;-)

No comments: