It's only been about 2 weeks that I've been weaving on the latest coverlet, and I am already nearly done with panel 1 of 3. Because I am free to weave almost daily now, not just on Sundays, I can make much more progress than when I was working. I've been doing about 1 block a day. It takes about 1 hour and 10-20 minutes to do 240 lines (including the tabby picks), depending on whether or not I have to wind more bobbins.
And my lovely loom -- A Kessenich 4-shaft Floor Loom built in the 1960s -- is a dream to weave on! She is my first love! I'm so glad we are getting to spend more time together. ;-) It's so much easier to work than the much heavier 8-shaft in the other room.
The adding machine tape on the left side helps me keep track of landmarks in the panel, so that I can match them in the other 2 panels.
The measuring tape on the left tells me how far I've come, and when it's time to start a new panel.
- 1 pattern repeat is about 7-1/2 inches long. I'll need about 12 or 13 blocks for the whole panel.
My plan is to always keep a coverlet project on this loom and do other things on the big loom.


No comments:
Post a Comment