Sunday, March 01, 2009

Faces on Fabric


My Favorite so far ... This is the one I want to work up into the class project.

I started a new online class this week called Faces on Fabric with Terri Stegmiller. I'm always looking for other options for faces in portrait quilts.

For starters, Terri suggests drawing a face every day. Good advice--and it really doesn't take that long to do a face this way. Here's where I started :


Face #1


Face #2


Face #3


Face #4


Face #5 (A little practice goes a long way!)

Today, I was on a roll ... I started drawing friends. I pulled out one of our wedding albums. We had a great photographer in Mary Gordon who took many candid portraits of our wedding guests--some no longer with us.


Erma K.


Self-Portrait #1


Self-Portrait #2


A Boy


Wei Ching


Molly Singing


Molly #2


Duane


Brantmeier


Terra G.


Kerri S.


Pat Kaye


Caroline & Mike


My Glamorous Mom


Sandy


Janey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle these are fantastic! That very first one is really something, you've really captured the moment beautifully.