Saturday, September 26, 2009

Artist Trading Cards

At the September Conversations-in-Cloth Meeting, we did an Artist Trading Card swap. We could use any technique we wanted as long as the end product was 3-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches.

Here's a sampling of what was traded that night (and what I brought home) :


by Karen


By Lois


Felted ATCs by Lynda

I made a sheet of "composed fabric" with yarns and scraps and extras like dyed/painted cheesecloth fused to a wool felt base.


I cut them down to size and satin-stitched the edges :


One the back of each card, I wrote the following :

By Michele Matucheski
My email address
CinC Swap
September 2009
My Signature and the ATC Number

Since only 4 of 14 CinC Members were able to attend this meeting, I've got several cards left to trade. So let me know if you're interested in trading ATCs with me. ;-)

3 comments:

Carol said...

I've never done an ATC before (only fabric postcards) but I'm willing to "have at it" if you want to swap with a rookie :)

Cobi said...

Hi I'd like to trade an ATC. I live in the Netherlands and have 4 ATCs ready for swapping. when you eamil me privately I'll send you a picture so you can choose.

Carole said...

These are cool.... I never thought of felting an AC. Mind you, I have yet to make one. I have all my stuff and somehow just don't get up the nerve... crazy because I have done everything else.
I also want to thank you for your comments on my 'Losses" pieces.