Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tyvek Rust Dyed

These are the Tyvek envelopes I rust-dyed with Purple Missus' Alternative Rust-Dyeing (Dip Method) last summer. I had taken yet another wonderful class from Lynda Monk and Carol McFee at Fibre-in-Form. These have been hanging to dry for about 6 months now. They had a powdery texture, and I wasn't sure how I would use them ... until I gave them a layer of matte medium to seal in that wonderful texture and color. Now I think these would be great covers for journals!

This one was crumbled up and lightly flattened out before dipping. I wanted to see how the hills and valleys would hold onto the rust ...


I think this one would make a nice banner for the top of this blog.





The rest of them were just dipped. These are tricky to photograph due to the shine from the Tyvek, but I think you get the idea.







See--it really is a mailing envelope!






No comments: