Sunday, December 18, 2011

More on the Theme of Trash, Ruin and Decay


 Remember last week, when I showed how to make "Composed Fabric" out of recycled scraps and cast-offs?    Now, I have a whole sheet of that composed fabric.    But what to do with it?  It can be very unfocused and overwhelming in the full sheet.  


One option is to cut it up.   The one at the top is an ATC size, about the size of a playing card.  I attached it to the cover of my 2012 Sketchbook Challenge sketchbook.  The red one below is on the cover of the 2011 sketchbook.  Yeah--all year, it's been a plain cover--until now!  Just a splash of color does wonders for a blank canvas.



My blogging friend Vicki Welsh at Field Trips in Fibers shows how to make Christmas Ornaments with a similar collage technique. 

No comments: