1) I love big, black furry dogs of the Newfie variety. Meet Maggie, my 2nd-Chance Newf. She is the sweetest dog you'd ever want to meet.
2) I lived in a housing coop in Madison, WI, for 7 years. I can hardly believe I stayed so long!
3) I met my sweet and wonderful husband at that Coop. We left together. ;-) I guess I had to stay there long enough for him to move in!
4) I'm not much of a housekeeper. I'd much rather spend my time making stuff, than cleaning up.
5) I am an INFJ which means I recharge my batteries at home, being quiet--making stuff and being creative. Or just reading. Or blogging. Or working on PhotoShop pics. Or Sewing. Or Dyeing ...
6) I love a good cuppa tea, and sitting by the fire in Winter.
7) I am trained as a Hospice Volunteer. This is one of the most important jobs I do.
The road to Faery Glen, Isle of Skye.
9) I won a bronze medal for figure skating in the Badger State Games in 1996. For many years, skating was my absolute JOY! I didn't get to take lessons until I went to college, so no--I wasn't one of those 6-year olds dreaming of winning the Olympics. I skated because I loved the way it felt--smoooth and fluid. I felt Beautiful on the ice.
10) I do NOT have a cell phone, and I get along just fine without one. :-)
About the top image :
I used one of the Ginger Pixel Storyboard templates.
Picked 4 family pictures.
Used Kim Klassen's "Dear Dreamer" Texture as the background.
Added a layer for text, using Caflisch Script Pro font.