Monday, December 29, 2014

Texture Tuesday : Playing with Topaz



I picked up a free trial of Topaz Impression.  So many people on the Texture Artists FaceBook Group are using it and loving it.  I wanted to see what it was all about.  I am fascinated with the idea of taking a real life photo and rendering it into the style of a painting.  What they do with light and brush strokes and color can be pretty amazing when done well.

The Tulips photo above was rendered in Topaz with one of the Obscurity filters  I kind of like what it did ...  but not enough to pay the nearly $100 price tag.    So I'll enjoy it for my 30 days, and let it go.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Topaz Impressions...and thanks for the link to the FB group...
lovely photo of the flowers!

farmlady said...

That is very pretty. I've heard of Topaz on my photography forum. I guess I should try the trial period too. Thanks for showing some of what it does.
Happy New Year.