Thursday, January 01, 2015

2015 : Year of Light


For the past few years, instead of new year's resolutions that don't stick, I've been adopting One Word to carry me through the year.  It's more like a year-long meditation to see how my everyday relates to that One Word, with the idea of creating a better world around me, and a better me.   Most years, my One Word has become a very close friend and companion.  That's why it's important to pick a good one--one you want more of in your life; one that inspires, and kindles your passion. 

Past words have included Story, Open-Hearted, Love, and Bloom.  This year, I chose Light, for the simple reason that all the other words I considered were wrapped up in or came back to this one.  Light was bigger and encompassed so many other ideas.  It's a big, juicy, multi-faceted, many-layered word that will keep me thinking and creating and meditating throughout the year.  All roads lead to Light!

This One Word has really kick-started my creativity.  I have plans-plans-plans ...  Stay tuned!

In devotion to the study of LIGHT this year :
     A new journal (in paper), but you're likely to see entries from  it here
     A new Pinterest Board 
     A new Logo to mark the Project [See above ;-)]
     A new Picassa and Flikr Photo Albums documenting this year-long study
                Maybe a Light 52 Photo Project?
     Quotes about Light
     New blog posts to share my discoveries and Light creations

I love it when a plan comes together!

My sister, Mande, recommends this class by Ali Edwards : One Little Word.

If you'd like to find your own One Word for 2015, Susannah Conway has a wonderful 5-day class to help you Find Your Word.    It's FREE!  Join us for a wonder-filled Journey ...

May it last a lifetime!



If you're wondering how I made the Light Logo at the top of the page, here's the recipe in PhotoShop Elements :
Layer 1) Background Texture from StockVault's Free Texture Friday
Layer 2) I made a PSE Brush out of Susannah Conway's Mandala 1, and stamped it down
Layer 3) Light Text : Papyrus Font - Soft Light Blend Mode at 100%
Layer 4) Copy Layer 3 - Soft Light 87%
Layer 5) One Word Text : Papyrus Font - Soft Light 74% - I wanted it to be just a whisper behind my chosen word.

5 comments:

Mande said...

I'm gonna try this Find your Word activity. I need a bit more help this year than in the past.

Yvonne said...

Beautiful! I'm looking forward to see about your journey with !

Veronica Roth said...

Very well done Michele, and a really worthwhile word to contemplate. :D

The Idaho Beauty said...

How beautiful and exciting. I have to admire your plans to stay so interactive with your word, rather than have it floating in the background only to be pulled to the forefront when feeling the need as I tend to do. Looking forward to being inspired by your journey.

osiana said...

Trying to follow you on here...and post a comment. Not sure I can unless I join Blogger...we'll see!

It's going to be a fab journey,one light step at a time!

And thank you for Wordie!