Monday, April 03, 2017

Sunrise Quilt for France



There's a new baby among our Family in France, and so I made a little quilt for him.  This was a fun one to make, and it went quick with 40 2-1/2 inch strips from an Island Batiks set purchased years ago.  The pattern makes it look woven.

Sunrise Quilt for France - Whole View

 I started this one at Quilt Camp back in November 2016. 
The pattern is Timeless Treasures Tonga Treats Interweave.  I think I got it from Craftsy.




















 Here's a shot of the front and the back together.




I took lots of pictures of this one, since it's going to be given away.  I won't be able to stare at it wonderingly and discover new things through the years.



The batting is my favorite Hobbs 80/20 Cotton / Poly batting.  It gives such an old-timey crinkle after it's washed.

Sunrise Quilt - backside - Matrix Pattern

The quilting pattern is Leah Day's Matrix.  This stitched layer gives a whole new dimension and movement to the pieced-block and color layer beneath.



These are the threads I used for quilting the top and the back, respectively.  Purples, greens and reds on the front.  A sunrise-y orange and yellow combination on the back.

More pictures ...






And here is the little man himself (again).  It will be a while before we get to meet him in person. I hope he (and his parents) are as fascinated with it as I am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job:)
--Joanne Drake