Sunday, April 30, 2017

Polar Bear in Progress


This is the other project currently in progress.  A big applique Polar Bear.  I finished up the stitching last week.  The idea was to make him look kind of like a crazy quilt with the fancy stitches tacking down any loose edges. 


I did the stitching with the applique and 1 layer of batting as stabilizer.  I will add one or 2 more layers of batting to give it a trapunto-type look.  That gives it more life, and will make him look 3D.

After that, I can cut him out and apply him to the final background scene ...  Stay tuned!


This is where I was testing out various fancy stitches and thread colors.  This also lets me check for any tension problems, so I can make adjustments BEFORE getting to the Polar Bear. 

I bought the kit and pattern a few years ago at a Quilt Shop in Appleton, WI.



1 comment:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Oooo - this should be pretty fabulous when done!