Saturday, June 08, 2019

A Little Bitta Light : Textures


Feeling the need for a little Texture this morning.
Any guesses as to what this might be?
Scroll down for the answer ...








 






It's a light grate near the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, Scotland.  I think this is right at the entrance at Pret, where we liked to have breakfast on our 2017 trip.

What do I mean by light grate?  This was built into the sidewalk with glass blocks built into it, to allow light through ...  There's a city underground in Edinburgh.     I've seen a few of these around downtown Oshkosh, too. ;-)

I love how each block is different, aged, cracked, rusty and grungy, but nicely ordered and presented on this grid.    Each block could have it's own closeup, and be it's own texture in and of itself.  Maybe I'll bother to isolate them sometime ...

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I knew immediately what it was, really I did. But I have never seen such an interesting one. You are right about how each glass square could be a story in itself.

Carrie said...

So very cool! Thanks for sharing the pic and history!